Hometown Hybrids, LLC. Limited Warranty
What This Warranty Covers: This warranty covers substantial defects in materials or workmanship in your High Voltage Drive Battery (“HV Battery”).
What This Warranty Does Not Cover: This warranty does not cover any other component or part of the vehicle whether part of the hybrid system or not. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some examples of consequential and incidental damages include (but are not limited to): loss of income, loss of use, towing charges, diagnostic fees, rental costs, transportation costs, installation or removal costs by yourself or a third party, damage to property, or injury to people.
Specific Limitations of This Warranty: Any of the following situations will not be covered and will void this warranty:
- Damage to the HV Battery due to vehicle accident or other causes out of Hometown Hybrids’ control.
- Damage to the HV Battery caused by improper installation by yourself or a third party.
- If the HV Battery has been misused or abused. Misuse or abuse includes the modification of any component of the hybrid system that causes the HV Battery to be utilized in a manner that exceeds manufacturer specifications.
- If the HV Battery has been tampered with, disassembled, or removed from the vehicle after installation other than removal for the purpose of repairs or service.
- If any modules within the pack are exchanged or swapped out. All modules are permanently marked and/or cataloged using the factory serial number.
- If the HV Battery has been depleted to less than 20% State of Charge due to running out of fuel, engine malfunction, regenerative system malfunction, or user error.
- The presence of any of the following diagnostic codes: P3191 (Engine Does Not Start), P3193 (Fuel Run Out), P3190 (Poor Engine Power), P0A0F (Engine Failed to Start), C1256 (Accumulator Low Pressure), C1391 (Abnormal Leak of Accumulator Pressure) or their equivalent manufacturer diagnostic code.
How Long This Warranty Lasts: The coverage under this warranty lasts for the time or mileage limit specified on the signed invoice (whichever occurs first). Warranty terms will not be extended or restarted for any reason.
How To Get Warranty Service: In the event of a suspected HV Battery problem, please contact us toll free at 1-844-447-7487 to report the problem. We will require documentation of all diagnostic codes before any warranty service will be scheduled or performed.
What Hometown Hybrids, LLC. Will Do: If it is determined your HV Battery has failed we will repair or replace your HV Battery at our discretion. If your vehicle is more than 100 miles from our nearest service facility you will be required to ship your HV Battery to our Magnolia, Texas facility for warranty service. If we advise you to ship your battery to us, we will pay 100% of the return shipping cost for any covered warranty service. All warranty service must be pre-approved. Hometown Hybrids, LLC will not accept shipments without prior authorization.
Our Legal Disclaimer: THIS LIMITED WARRANTY REPRESENTS THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC FOR ANY GOODS SOLD. HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HOMETOWN HYRIDS, LLC UNDERTAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY OF THE GOODS EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS CONTRACT. HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY THAT THE GOODS WILL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR WHICH YOU MAY BE BUYING THESE GOODS, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS CONTRACT. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
How State Law Applies: Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or exclusion or limitation on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.