Hometown Hybrids, LLC. Limited Warranty
What This Warranty Covers: This warranty covers substantial defects in materials or workmanship in your High Voltage Drive Battery (“HV Battery”).
What This Warranty Does Not Cover: This warranty does not cover computers, relays, sensors, wiring, fuses, or any other component or part of the vehicle whether part of the hybrid system or not. Also, consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some examples of consequential and incidental damages include (but are not limited to): loss of income, loss of use, towing charges, diagnostic fees, rental costs, transportation costs, installation or removal costs by yourself or a third party, damage to property, or injury to people.
Specific Limitations of This Warranty: Any of the following situations will not be covered and will void this warranty:
- Damage to the HV Battery due to vehicle accident or improper installation by yourself or a third party.
- If the HV Battery has had direct exposure to water.
- If the HV Battery has been misused, or abused. Misuse and abuse includes the modification of any component of the hybrid system that causes the HV Battery to be utilized in a manner that exceeds manufacturer specifications.
- If the HV Battery has been tampered with, opened, or disassembled, or removed from the vehicle after installation other than removal for the purpose of repairs or service to other parts of the vehicle.
- If the HV Battery is missing any security seals.
- If the HV Battery has been depleted to less than 20% State of Charge (SOC) due to running out of fuel, engine or regenerative system malfunction, or user error. An example of user error is leaving the vehicle in neutral for extended periods while the vehicle is turned on. In this example the engine is unable to recharge the HV Battery which may result in permanent damage.
- The presence of any of the following diagnostic codes at any time during the warranty period: P3191 (Engine Does Not Start), P3193 (Fuel Run Out), P3190 (Poor Engine Power) and P0A0F (Engine Failed to Start) or their equivalent manufacturer diagnostic code. These diagnostic codes indicate the engine is unable to recharge the HV Battery which will lead to permanent damage. If you encounter any of these codes, it is important that the underlying problem is fixed immediately to avoid damaging your HV Battery and voiding this warranty.
How Long This Warranty Lasts: The coverage under this warranty lasts for the time or mileage limit specified on the Pricing Page (whichever occurs first). Warranty terms will not be extended or restarted for any reason.
How To Get Warranty Service: In the event of a suspected HV Battery problem, please contact us toll free at 1-844-447-7487 to report the problem. We will require all diagnostic codes before any warranty service will be performed. If it appears to be a HV Battery failure, we will schedule a date, time and location to confirm the diagnosis and perform warranty service if applicable. If your vehicle is more than 100 miles from our nearest service center, you may be required to ship your HV Battery to our Magnolia, Texas service center for warranty service.
What Hometown Hybrids, LLC. Will Do: If it is determined your HV Battery has failed we will repair or replace your HV Battery at our discretion. We will make every effort to arrange service as soon as possible; however, we cannot guarantee same day service. If we advise you to ship your battery to our Magnolia, Texas service center, we will pay 100% of the return shipping cost.
Our Legal Disclaimer: THIS LIMITED WARRANTY REPRESENTS THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC FOR ANY GOODS SOLD. HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HOMETOWN HYRIDS, LLC UNDERTAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY OF THE GOODS EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS CONTRACT. HOMETOWN HYBRIDS, LLC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY THAT THE GOODS WILL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR WHICH YOU MAY BE BUYING THESE GOODS, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THE CONTRACT. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
How State Law Applies: Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or exclusion or limitation on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.